to the new online home of New Beacon Hospice
Hospice for Heroes integrates all the holistic and specialized pieces of Hospice Care, like pain and symptom management, with special services designed just for veterans. All Veterans in the Hospice for Heroes service get pinned by a ranking member of the military force in which he or she served; visits from volunteers who are also Veterans; and guidance with military benefits, records recovery and burial arrangements.
Our Hospice team members are end-of-life experts who have received additional education and training on identifying, assessing and meeting the unique needs of a Veteran and his/her family from the time of referral through bereavement services. Our Hospice for Heroes Veterans Program enables a Veteran, and his/her family to make informed decisions, and participate in care planning when facing a life limiting illness. By gaining knowledge and expert support from our team, a Veteran and his/her family are better positioned to live each day to its fullest.
The components of the Hospice for Heroes Veterans Program include but are not limited to:
· A focused admissions process, including a specific Veteran admission information packet
· A team who are not only experts in pain and symptom management but also are experts in identifying and meeting the unique needs of Veterans and their families, insurance coverage of care, and available Veteran benefits
· An individualized care plan which is Veteran and family centered and includes the Veteran’s military experiences
· Hospice for Heroes Veterans Recognition Program
· Veteran Volunteers
When you receive care from the Regency, Avalon and New Beacon Hospices, you enter a new level of care that is unique to among hospice providers. In addition to the Hospice for Heroes Veterans Program and the traditional medical and pharmacological aspects of palliative (comfort) care you will be introduced to special programs and partners that set us apart. Among the programs and care partners that will be available to you and your family may also have access to:
· 24 hour Nursing Support
· Tree of life (a unique awareness program)
· Effleurage(light touch massage)
· Bereavement Support
· Perenity Flower Ministry
· Second Wind Dreams
· Caring Bridge
WHEN LIFE MATTERS MOST . . .
OUR HOSPICE FOR HEROES VETERANS PROGRAM SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE FOR HOSPICE CARE.